Sunday, February 10, 2008

Blog 5- Bed to Beach

Clouds fall heavily, pounding on my rooftop, then plummeting to their muddy non-existence. I lay in my unmade bed wondering my time away and looking out the smeared illegible windows. The birds don't chirp in the late morning, like they normally do. The unwanted silence gives me the shivers.

A soft melody begins to spin out of the pink machine. "...losing hope is easy, when your only friend is gone..." A cold wind blows through the room. A not so distant wave pounds on the beaten sand in a continuous motion of pain. All the noises seem as though their on the highest volume. A car splashes through a overfilled puddle, soaking a dog. A little boy falls off his bike and scratches his elbow. Common things, multiplied.

My room is a mess. Clothes are thrown everywhere. Over chairs and desks, under my bed and on my sink. A towel lays wet and rotting in the middle of the dirty floor. My little sisters toys are strewn around the room, desperately wanting to be played with. The bright orange color of my walls looks grey and the usually blossomed and beautiful flowers seem to be drooping as well.

The unstoppable drum roll of rain seemed to come to an end. Creating an eye catching rainbow that glistened in the now sunny sky. Dirty puddles, in the street, glowed in the magnificent sunlight. The smell of rain stuck in the air, but the unwanted dread of it was gone. Finally the sickness was treated.

I looked out my windows, to see a family of birds chirping their way through the hard and easy days of life. Their blue color was magnificent, and made me stare. I followed the three little birds to the beach. The soft sand warmed my cold feet. The cool ocean waves swirled onto the beach, creating a slow pattern in the sand. Kids ran around and laughed. The trees and grass looked brighter than ever.

I look down at my shirt. The bright colors make me dizzy at first, but then I revive myself and realize how pretty each color is. The green is like the plants that surround us. The blue is like the sky and the water that we see every day. The red is like the blood that pains us. The purple is like the passion we have for each other and our work. The yellow is for the happiness that we indulge in. I twirl around in the fresh air, and wish that I could have experienced it all before.

Night falls but I stay at the beach. Unlike the night before, my head doesn't throb and my stomach doesn't ache. The cool ocean breeze mixed with night air cools me. I look out at the sunset. The vibrant mix of colors fascinates me. The sky turned completely purple with hints of orange and yellow, seems so wrong yet so beautiful. I wish the sky could always look like this.

No comments: